WMS Reporting Consultant (5109)
Raleigh, NC 27604
Morton has an immediate need for a Warehouse Management System Reporting Contractor for a customer located in Raleigh, North Carolina. The selected WMS Reporting Contractor is responsible for understanding operational requirements and translating them into reporting solutions. The successful candidate will understand and interpret processes and data, enabling reporting solutions across this retail business to provide visibility, improve efficiencies, and reduce costs. You will develop, validate, and analyze reporting solutions to support DC (Distribution Center) operations and the overall strategic and operating plans of our customer and its supply chain. This individual contributor will be an excellent collaborator with our partners in IT, DC Operations, and Inventory Planning, as well as a critical thinker and great communicator (both written and verbal). Data-based decision making is key to this role.
- Map reporting requirements and associated processes from DC operations to understand full list of reporting requirements for WMS
- Partner with IT to understand WMS solution and capabilities and to distinguish between WMS-direct and database reporting
- Aligning WMS-direct reporting with database reporting and existing solutions for all KPIs
- Manage reporting transition and validating existing reporting against WMS
- Translate database reporting needs into reporting solutions to provide data visibility to DC operations and drive improvements across business
- Evaluate, validate, and automate reports for operations management. Provide appropriate input into test design to ensure data integrity for investment decision purpose.
- Develop and manage initiatives and solutions to drive improvements in data and metrics visibility across the supply chain and AAP’ s end-to-end business. Optimize data flow.
- Work with all DCs, corporate and cross functional teams to ensure process changes and reporting are successfully implemented
- Create documentation / Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all process work
- Continuously work to create efficiencies and improvements within databases/procedures/scheduling processes
- Understanding of WMS and relational databases
- Experience with WMS reporting implementation
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Access, SQL, R, Power BI
- Knowledge of supply chain planning, inventory operations, distribution center operations, and transportation operations
- Understanding of supply chain metrics including fill rates, service levels, on-time delivery, and their drivers
- Travel (15-30%; North America)
- Bachelor’ s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Mathematics, Business or related area
- 8-10 years of experience in supply chain operations, IT, and analytics (retail preferred)