Telecom Coordinator (5219)
Richmond, VA 23219
Morton has an immediate need for a Telecomm Coordinator for a customer located in Richmond, Virginia. This position will be responsible for coordinating the telecommunications activities of of our customer and will be responsible for researching connectivity options for locations across the Commonwealth of Virginia. The selected candidate will evaluate broadband and cellular service offerings for each location and make recommendations to improve and expand connectivity. Will provide guidance to Divisional Telecom Coordinators and agency staff on telecommunications related topics. Will support agency staff in managing/maintaining networking and WiFi equipment, and facilitate the expansion of WiFi coverage at designated locations.
- Identifying connectivity (broadband and cellular) challenges within individual State parks – this includes travel to Parks and meetings with Parks staff.
- Researching customer survey results in regards to connectivity challenges and researching current solutions in other states.
- Coordinating meetings with Park staff and connectivity providers to identify solutions to connectivity challenges.
- Working with IT, State Parks Administration, and DCR Administration Division to identify funding sources for solution implementation.
- Providing Short term and Long term written connectivity solution business plans per Park with associated projected expenses.
- Prioritizing connectivity needs and projects.
- Working with IT and Parks to implement connectivity solutions and maintain those solutions once implemented.
- Work with Vendors on and off the state contract for new products and implementations.
- Work with ILEC and CLEC on Trouble Tickets related to Telecom outages.
- Review telecom bills monthly for accuracy and to identify cost saving opportunities.
- Coordinate meetings between vendors and IT Staff to discuss connectivity solutions.
- Advise agency staff on new state contract telecom offerings.
- 5 years of experience with the ability to communicate technical information to audiences that may not be technical with an end goal of helping them understand.
- 5 years of experience with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with customer, vendors, and team members.
- Ability to travel throughout the Commonwealth to customer locations.
- 5 years of experience with the ability to troubleshoot and isolate client issues.
- 5 years of experience with the ability to understand, define, and docuement telecommunications systems requirements.