Richmond, VA 23230
Morton is growing by leaps and bounds and looking for a few recruiters to join our team, in our new Scott’ s Addition headquarters. As a Morton Recruiter, your primary responsibility will be to identify, evaluate and recommend candidates who represent Morton’ s core values of commitment, honesty, professionalism and respect.
Who are we?
In 2006, Mark Morton founded an IT staffing firm that embraced a people-first culture. Morton' s main goal is to link business clients with the exceptional IT talent they need to accomplish their goals. As a Recruiter on our team, you’ ll acquire a deep understanding of exactly what each client needs to succeed, from assignment requirements to company culture, to help you find the person who is the right fit – not only for the role, but for the client’ s business. That’ s The Morton Way
- Review, evaluate and format candidate resumes
- Conduct phone and face-to-face interviews to identify qualified candidates
- Utilize the Applicant Tracking System to track all candidate conversations and activity along with submittals, interviews, placements, starts, and meetings
- Coordinate and conduct office interviews
- Schedule and coordinate interviews as required by customer
- Extend and negotiate offers based on current market conditions
- Conduct cold calls to identify new candidates
- Build and maintain candidate high-level knowledge of current technologies
- Maintain candidate records in Applicant Tracking System
- Weekly Status Reporting
- Develop and maintain relationships with candidates that extend into employment
- Maintain relationships with candidates and consultants throughout the term of assignments
- Conduct resume searches on the Internet as needed
What You Need:
- A strong work ethic and sense of accountability
- Excellent communication skills in person, over the phone, and in writing
- Enthusiasm, and the energy to call 50 candidates a day
- An open mind, allowing you to take constructive criticism, suggestions, and advice in stride -- you' re coach-able!
- The ability to prioritize tasks, keeping the big picture in mind while taking care of details
- Impeccable critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Curiosity, and more than a little bit of competitiveness
- Ambition: you have an internal drive for continual improvement, and would never settle for the status quo
- Ability to embrace Morton’ s core values of: Teamwork, Results, Integrity, and Partnership
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- A Bachelor’ s degree is preferred, but not required.
Why you' ll love Morton!
- Culture of Reward and Recognition
- Collaborative, supportive, passionate, and diverse team
- Aggressive commission plan
- Comprehensive Benefits package with a 401(k) match
- Generous PTO policy for all – up to 26 days annually
- We like to have fun! Team events, weekly breakfasts when team hits performance goals, plentiful snacks & beverages
We look forward to hearing from you!
Morton is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.