Richmond, VA 23230
Morton is growing by leaps and bounds and looking for a few recruiters to join our team, in our new Scott’ s Addition headquarters. As a Morton Recruiter, your primary responsibility will be to identify, evaluate and recommend candidates who represent Morton’ s core values of commitment, honesty, professionalism and respect.
Who are we?
In 2006, Mark Morton founded an IT staffing firm that embraced a people-first culture. Morton' s main goal is to link business clients with the exceptional IT talent they need to accomplish their goals. As a Recruiter on our team, you’ ll acquire a deep understanding of exactly what each client needs to succeed, from assignment requirements to company culture, to help you find the person who is the right fit – not only for the role, but for the client’ s business. That’ s The Morton Way.
What you need:
- A strong work ethic and sense of accountability
- Excellent communication skills in person, over the phone, and in writing
- Enthusiasm, and the energy to call 50 candidates a day
- An open mind, allowing you to take constructive criticism, suggestions, and advice in stride -- you' re coachable!
- The ability to prioritize tasks, keeping the big picture in mind while taking care of details
- Impeccable critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Curiosity, and more than a little bit of competitiveness
- Ambition: you have an internal drive for continual improvement, and would never settle for the status quo
- Ability to embrace Morton’ s core values of: Teamwork, Results, Integrity, and Partnership
- A Bachelor’ s degree is preferred, but not required.
- Review, evaluate and format candidate resumes
- Conduct phone and face-to-face interviews to identify qualified candidates
- Utilize the Applicant Tracking System to track all candidate conversations and activity along with submittals, interviews, placements, starts, and meetings
- Coordinate and conduct office interviews
- Schedule and coordinate interviews as required by customer
- Extend and negotiate offers based on current market conditions
- Conduct cold calls to identify new candidates
- Build and maintain candidate high-level knowledge of current technologies
- Maintain candidate records in Applicant Tracking System
- Weekly Status Reporting
- Develop and maintain relationships with candidates that extend into employment
- Maintain relationships with candidates and consultants throughout the term of assignments
- Conduct resume searches on the Internet as needed
This is a base salary + commission opportunity with unlimited earning potential. We like to see our recruiters smash their goals and earn big commissions, and we’ ve learned that certain behaviors support that success. Upon completion of a 90-day probationary period and training, you' ll be held to the following expectations, with the goal of helping you meet and exceed your commission goals:
- 50 candidate phone calls per day
- 8 candidate submittals per week to customers
- 2 new hire starts per month
- 1-3 in person meetings with candidates per week
- 1-3 lunch or coffee meetings with existing consultants per week
- Culture of Reward and Recognition
- Weekly breakfasts & 3: 00 Fridays, for Recruiters who meet their weekly goals
- Aggressive commission plan
- Snacks & Drinks
- Comprehensive Benefits package with a 401(k) match
- Generous PTO policy for all – up to 26 days!
We look forward to hearing from you!