Systems Analyst (5193)
Richmond, VA 23219
Morton is seeking a Systems Analyst for our client in Richmond, VA. This person will be responsible for daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs. This is an immediate contract opportunity.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Monitor, plan and coordinate the distribution of Server OS, Service Pack and application patches on Servers as to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures in accordance with security requirements.
- Develop and perform server health checks through automated processes.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
- Maintain growth statistics, space forecasts, software and hardware inventories.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failure. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Conduct routine hardware/software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies and configuration guidelines.
- Experience with Windows 2008/2012/2016/2019 Server platforms with an emphasis on Active Directory.
- Windows scripting skills (powershell, python)
- Antivirus endpoint protection and firewalls for servers
- Web filtering technologies
- Able to troubleshoot Exchange 2016 messaging systems.
- Knowledge of Citrix XenDesktop
- VMWare Vsphere
- Cyberark Privileged Access Manager.
- Cisco UCS Server.
- Ability to provide emergency on-call support and escalation on a rotating schedule.