Systems Analyst (4951)
Richmond, VA 23219
Morton has an immediate need for a Systems Analyst for a customer located in Richmond, Virginia. The selected Business Analyst candidate will perform Dynamics CRM Application Support, Operating System Configuration / Administration (Windows/Linux), administration/configuration of monitoring tools (SCCM/SCOM/NAGIOS/ETC), and support business applications as assigned.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Independently perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Work with a team of System Engineers.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both speaking and in writing.
- Perform installations of software (including server upgrades and patching)
- Monitor servers to maintain/ensure system uptime and availability.
- Troubleshoot application/database performance issues related to connectivity, access, security and etc...
- Review & refine existing processes to better align with agency/group priorities.
- Review the existing procedures and propose, execute, and/or direct necessary changes.
- Participate in on-call duties as necessary.
- The successful candidate will be capable of performing an analysis of the effectiveness of the existing system and clearly communicate reasoned justification for continuance and update, or alternative approaches.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems with strong technical experience or other applicable and/or equivalent skills, knowledge and/or work history.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating effectively using standard requirements and design artifacts
- Over 1 years of experience IT maintaining/supporting a range of IT functions.
- 1 year of experience scripting deployments of cloud (Azure, AWS, ETC) resources (highly desired)
- 1 year of experience with deployments of centralized logging solutions (highly desired)
- 1 year of experience working in professional environments (required)
- 1 year of experience with installation and support of *nix based operating systems - packaging, package installation, scheduling jobs, basic bash scripts, python scripts (highly desired)
- 1 year of experience deploying IIS sites and .NET applications