Systems Administrator 4 (7271)
Salem, VA 24153 US
Position Status: 6-month contract with rolling extensions
Overview: Our client is looking for a Systems Administrator 4 for an ONSITE position based out of Salem, VA.
- 5-7 years of experience in the field or related subject matter area.
- Requires experience, creativity and multi-tasking to independently and collaboratively achieve department service and support objectives for the Transportation Operations Center.
- The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of computer hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to Commonwealth policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Responsibilities include systems administration engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations and regular file archival and purge, as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Diagnose and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services, as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- 5 Years – Experience with Help Desk Support.
- 5 Years – Experience with Customer Service.
- 5 Years – Has worked with desktops, laptops, and server hardware.
- 5 Years – Has worked with desktop/server applications.
- 5 Years – Worked with Virtualization.
- 3 Years – Handled backups and recoveries.
- 3 Year – Experience in Microsoft Office.
- 2 Years – Handled General Network.
- 2 Years – Has worked hands-on with Network Equipment.
About Our Client: Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace by both policy and practice. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition. Employment and personnel practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination. While the Company is committed to following this principle in every facet of employment, all employees share in the responsibility to promote and foster a favorable work environment.