Systems Administrator (5067)
New Orleans, LA 70114
Morton is seeking a Systems Administrator in New Orleans, LA.
- Five to nine (5-9) years of related experience.
- Under minimal direction, coordinates operational designs, develops support plans, coordinates implementations, and provides second level support for Local Area Network (LAN), Campus Area Network (CAN), and Wide Area Network (WAN) solutions encompassing heterogeneous platforms.
- Develops system support requirements by reviewing and analyzing customer business processes and evaluating available ES and/or supplier capabilities.
- Supports project teams in implementing new or upgraded designs and coordinates project efforts with support groups.
- Creates plans that support implementation of changes.
- Participates in system support design and performance evaluation reviews.
- Advises on distributed network computing issues. Monitor and maintains security and integrity standards and controls.
- Assists in the evaluation, testing and recommendation of hardware, software, and network configurations based on customer need.
- Coaches others in the application of new operational support technologies.
- Analyzes user requirements and statistics to identify trends and resolve performance issues.
- Coordinates and approves updates of the site administration documentation.
- Keeps abreast of emerging operational support technologies and industry trends.
- Recommends appropriate price/performance improvement opportunities.
- Certified in accordance with DOD 8570.01-M. Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field*
- 5-9 years
- IAT II