Sr. Technical Project Manager (7127)
Richmond, VA 23219 US
Schedule: Hybrid (3 days onsite & 2 days remote)
Location: Richmond, VA 23219
Overview: Our client is looking for a Sr. Technical Project Manager for a Hybrid position based out of Richmond, VA. They are a solid, fast-growing software development company specializing in Web, Mobile, Cloud, and Data Analytics. This position is uniquely fluid, varied, demanding, and rewarding. They are a flat organization, which means they need innate leaders who are dynamic, business-oriented, and internally motivated to drive process and overall company growth. The existing PMs serve their project teams with traditional PM scheduling and coordination, but also extend significantly into client-facing communications and relationship building, informal team leadership. They’re blazing the trail with project delivery and process improvement for a small and fast-growing company. The ideal candidate needs to be a detail-oriented, client-focused, transformational leader that thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are a team player, you speak up when something needs to be changed or recognized, and you are not afraid to get in the weeds. Need someone who is highly innovative, who has experience in the IT industry, understanding application architecture, and managing and fostering multiple client relationships.
- Ability to work with clients in a variety of business domains to understand their technology needs and support providing creative solutions.
- Experience working closely with software engineers, QA, product managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test, and release on time).
- Experience managing projects requiring integration of multiple partners and workstreams.
- Experience contributing to proposals and statements of work.
- Experience working in a variety of delivery frameworks to include Agile methodologies and traditional sequential and iterative project management methodologies.
- Experience in effectively managing scope, schedule, and budget.
- At least 5 years of experience working as an IT Project Manager.
- Embrace ambiguity, realizing that not every problem requires the same solution or approach.
- Assess the appropriate tools and techniques with which to manage a project and provide the client visibility and input.
- Effectively forecast budget and schedule during delivery to provide both RTS Labs and the client visibility into project status.
- Innate ability to influence, lead and serve a team of highly skilled and experienced software developers.
- Ability and willingness to have crucial conversations with clients as they relate to managing scope, schedule, and budget.
- Embrace the concept of being a Servant Leader to your teams.
- Naturally compelled to utilize Lean principles of continuous improvement.
- Build collaborative partnerships with internal team members to ensure alignment on project status and budget within RTS Labs.
- The ability to plan and manage multiple concurrent projects and teams effectively.
- Managed projects using Agile methodologies where appropriate and understand when doing so is applicable.
- Intellectually curious and bring a combination of technical and leadership skills.
- Experienced problem solver with a solutions mindset that can address and communicate risks and issues internally and with clients.
- Utilize your experience to collaborate with your team and solve challenges with out-of-the-box thinking.
- Build true partnership between the client and the RTS Labs delivery team.
- Previous exposure to and demonstrated competency in several project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, VersionOne, MS Project, SmartSheets and the like.
About Our Client: Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace by both policy and practice. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition. Employment and personnel practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination. While the Company is committed to following this principle in every facet of employment, all employees share in the responsibility to promote and foster a favorable work environment.