Solution Architect (5058)
Roanoke, VA 24012
Morton has an immediate need for a Solutions Architect for one of our customers located in Roanoke, Virginia. The selected Solution Architect will be responsible for driving architectural initiatives for programs and products, defining a shared vision for the solution under development, validating technology assumptions and evaluating alternatives, and designing high performing, secure solutions. Additionally, this position fosters strong relationships with our customer' s external partners and internal teams to ensure fit synthesis of solutions.
- Assessing current states for various programs, defining target states, conducting gap analyses, and establishing roadmaps to migrate from current to target state.
- Apply software, data and infrastructure knowledge expertise of current and future architecture to projects. Understand as-is architectures and the implications of the architecture requirements on current and future architecture.
- Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies and common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility.
- Cost/Benefit modeling and creating business cases for migration and operations.
- Define and drive transformation initiatives focused on simplification.
- Key contributor in building and maintaining the systems and processes associated with the Continuous Integration and Delivery lifecycle.
- Collaborate with domain and enterprise architects to develop architecture roadmaps for all architecture domains.
- Identify architecture gaps and inefficiencies and provide recommendations for improvements and alignment.
- Research industry-wide architecture and technology trends for the respective domain and present relevant point-of-views.
- Has the ability to lead people and collaborate to arrive at best fit solutions.
- A passion for eliminating repetitive work; automation and self-service is something this person will strive for every day.
- If you are a technical leader who embodies the architecture discipline (communication, collaboration, integration, and infrastructure as code and automation), and can drive a technology transformation, this is the role for you!
- Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development, and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing ten or more years of IT implementation experience.
- Exceptional communication/customer facing skills to drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Minimum three years’ experience in application and infrastructure configuration management, and systems administration.
- Five+ years of experience as an architect.
- Five+ years of business or IT experience with a direct responsibility for technical implementations and delivery.
- Experience with legacy systems and complex technical environments using multiple technologies and languages
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to communicate at a technical, business, or executive level.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate into architectural deliverables.
- Experience working in a retail environment is preferred.
- Experience working in an environment that is at a large scale (thousands of endpoints).
- Knowledge of data, infrastructure, and programming concepts.
- Experience in multi-platform infrastructure distributed environments.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work closely with project teams to deliver project artifacts.
- Ability to lead and influence others and work in a team environment.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Maintain a broad understanding of legacy and emerging technologies to help innovate needed capabilities based on business needs.
- Exceptional partnering and communication skills.
- Preferred Education:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of relevant education, training and experience.