Software Test Analyst (5017)
Richmond, VA 23230
Morton has an immediate need for a Software Test Analyst for a customer located in Richmond, Virginia. The selected Business Analyst will be primarily responsible for software test analysis to support our customer' s project in implementing Oracle Fusion as a finance ERP solution. This position will support testing needs for both Fusion implementation as well as legacy system integration needs.
- Work alongside software developers, business analysts, product owners and other system specialists to gather and interpret user/system requirements.
- Produce well-structured, documented and maintainable test scripts for manual testing that support the software test cycle within the SDLC.
- Participate in the development and support of the testing program aimed at supporting multiple testing efforts simultaneously.
- Create clearly documented defect reports for anomalies found during test procedures.
- Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process.
- Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Experience with front-end, UI and back-end validation testing.
- Thorough understanding of various browsers user agents and compatibility testing. Knowledge of SQL and database interaction.
- Strong analytical skills; attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a software development team.
- Basic understanding of Java or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Experience working in an Agile or iterative development environment.
- Knowledge of test automation and best practices.
- Experience with IBM Rational Team Concert, or another similar system (JIRA, VersionOne, etc).
- Experience testing mobile, web, POS (Point-of-sale), financial and human resource applications preferred.
- A Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems is preferred.
- Extensive current experience in software testing is required.
- 7 years of experience and ability to write test plans and test scripts.
- 7 years of experience with PL/SQl
- 7 years of experience with testing web and client server applications along with experience in Integration Testing.
- 7 years of experience with front-end, user-interface and back-end validation testing