SharePoint Server Administrator (5078)
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Morton is seeking a SharePoint Server Administrator in the Norfolk, VA area. The SharePoint Administrator will provide intermediate level architecture, design, support, administration, configuration and development of SharePoint sites. The Administrator will be responsible for managing SharePoint governance and for mentoring other technical staff and site managers. The Administrator will also recommend updates and enhancements to SharePoint sites along with any related tools and supplemental web parts used throughout the production life cycle. All applicants must have an active secret clearance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deploy, Configure, Monitor, and Sustain the SharePoint environments and services
- Develop, configure and maintain document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections.
- Manage SharePoint end user accounts, permissions and access rights in accordance with best practices regarding privacy and security.
- Ability to maintain and manage SharePoint Search Administration
- Support end users with all SharePoint related issues.
- Provide training to users with varying levels of skills.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of business requirements, objectives, deliverable, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with users, stakeholders, and customers.
- Test recommended, emerging SharePoint and application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Assist with software improvements and upgrades.
- Comfortable making Group Policy and Registry changes/implementations and other related security changes as needed.
- Enhance SharePoint functionality and/or performance as necessary.
- Reviews internal critical security vulnerability reports for action.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 and 2016
- Provide recommendations for improvements to site processes design and functionality
- Keep current on emerging technologies and tools for future client use
- 3 to 5 years of SharePoint Administration experience
- SECRET-level security clearance
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification (or equivalent)
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment
- Good understanding of business requirements and IT strategies
- Be very good at detailed, analytical, troubleshooting type of work between different programming languages technologies that work with SharePoint