Service Transition Analyst (5161)
Raleigh, NC 27604
Morton is actively looking for an experienced Service Transition Analyst, preferably with ServiceNow IT Service Management exposure, to oversee development of Service Transition as a discipline within our customer' s IT department. The selected candidate will lead the execution of Service Transitions and to ensure that services are ready to be supported by the IT organization. This role will work with IT Service Management process owners and others across the organization to develop a standard service transition process to ensure that the IT operations organization is ready to support the transitioning service across - Incident Management, Request fulfillment, Change Management, Problem Management, Knowledge Management, and Configuration Management
- Develops a repeatable process for transitioning IT Services into Operations including
- Develops a repeatable, reliable and efficient method for ensuring consistent transition of services from service design and development into operations.
- Provides expertise in the planning, design and execution of transitioning new and changed enterprise IT services from design and development into operations while ensuring the requirements of the business are effectively realized in operations.
- Works with the IT Service Management process owners, IT Service Desk, and all other IT Support teams to define a world-class Service Transition process.
- Monitors the efficiency and effectiveness of the Service Transition process across the organization, identifies opportunities for continual improvement and executes on those opportunities.
- Leads the execution of Service Transition for enterprise services
- Works with the Project Management Organization and project team of the new/improved services to ensure that the project will provide all the necessary deliverables to enable the service to be efficiently and effectively operated by Service Operations, Service Desk, and all the support teams.
- Works with the Service Owner, IT organization and stakeholders to ensure the Service Design Package includes related assets and service components that are compatible with each other; and ensure that the integrity of the package is maintained throughout the transition activities.
- Ensures the Support period after go-live is:
- Utilizing the standard IT Service Management processes from the start of Support.
- Exited on schedule and within planned cost
- Meets all pre-defined, agreed exit criteria including service stability and operability.
- Delivers the following outcome of the Service Transition process:
- Incident Management: Ensures that the support teams are ready to respond to incidents in efficient way utilizing the standard Incident Management process.
- Request fulfilment: Works with project team and customers to ensure that there are clear methods for submitting requests for the service that leverage the organization’ s request catalog and processes where appropriate.
- Change Management: Ensure that all changes to the staging and production environment are brought through change control, managed in alignment with policy and that the process to define standard change templates is leveraged and followed.
- Problem Management: Ensure the operations team leverages problem management instinctively for addressing underlying issues and root cause of problems.
- Knowledge Management: Known errors are documented before the service moves to production. User guides, operations guides, how to’ s and work arounds for use by users, customers, service desk and the operational teams are ready on or before day 1 and are maintained.
- Configuration Management: The ability to identify, control, record, report, audit and verify service assets and configuration items, including versions, baselines, constituent components, their attributes, and relationships in provided.
- Leads, manages and directs other Service Transition analysts
- Organized detailed individual who is flexible, self-directed, and works well independently and within teams.
- Good knowledge and understanding of ServiceNow and associated software is preferred but not required.
- Thorough understanding of ITIL and demonstrated application of ITIL principles.
- Ability to work professionally with customers, across the organization and with remote team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High passion for learning and teaching others
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or other IT related discipline
- ServiceNow IT Service Management experience preferred
- Experience of Agile and/or Waterfall development
- Ability to lead and influence
- ITIL v3 Foundations required
- ITIL v3 Intermediate preferred
- ServiceNow certifications preferred