Service Owner (5226)
Richmond, VA 23219
Morton is seeking a Service Owner for our client in Richmond, VA. This position reports to the Service Owner Manager and will be responsible for serving as a liaison between the IT and the various (business) departments. Serve as a bridge between IT and the Policy department throughout the OPTN policy development process. Serve as the voice of the customer throughout the software development process. Maintain constant communication with both the business stakeholders and the software development team in order to answer questions, provide direction and represent the business needs and interests. Ensure that all pertinent customer (business) requirements are gathered, documented and communicated to the development team for programming.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and members of the transplant community throughout the OPTN policy development process to gather requirements, understand needs, document process flows and requirements, and collaborate with software engineering to provide programming estimates to be presented for review and approval by the OPTN Board of Directors (BOD)
- Investigate the impact of the proposed policy changes on the national transplant system by reviewing data and consulting with business architects, technical architects, software development teams and peers
- Review proposed projects with IT components and provide development timelines to the business to be used in the project proposal/approval process
- Develop functional requirements in the form of Agile user stories and collaborate with the software development team to review, refine and prioritize the stories for implementation. Provide story acceptance and solution validation throughout the project lifecycle.
- Maintain and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the given project.
- Ensure work focuses on stories with the maximum value that align with the product strategy.
- Develop process maps, wireframes and potential high level solutions in collaboration with UI/UX staff to meet the customer requirements
- Actively engage in Scrum ceremonies:
- Providing sprint goal and new user stories for sprint planning.
- Giving feedback regarding the achievement of the sprint goal in the sprint review.
- Reflecting and taking action as a team member in the sprint retrospective.
- Informing, helping and learning in the daily scrum.
- Lead focus groups of end users throughout the development process to ensure programming decisions meet member requirements and needs.
- Collaborate with the software development team on user acceptance testing for projects with member impact.
- Serve as the voice of the customer throughout the software development process
- Serve as a voice of IT in working with the Policy Liaison(s) and pertinent Committees of the BOD. Communicate and collaborate with all stakeholders regularly.
- Acquire and apply pertinent functional (vs programming) knowledge of UNet when working on various projects
- Collaborate with Professional Education, Communications, Regional Administration, Research, Organ Center, Policy and Member Quality to ensure delivery of member and business stakeholder training, help documentation and communication in a timely and effective manner
- 5 years of product/service owner, business analyst, business systems analyst or other related experience
- 4-year degree in IT, Computer Science, Business or related field of study, or equivalent work experience
- Strong working knowledge of Agile methodology and understanding of Product/Service Owner role within a Scrum team
- 2 years of healthcare experience, preferably in transplantation
- 2 years working with software engineering teams
- Ability to facilitate technical solutions, assist in troubleshooting and diagnosing system issues
- Ability to write business requirements or user stories within a collaborative, agile environment
- Ability to align all work with the organization’ s vision, mission and values
- Ability to multi-task and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Basic SQL knowledge with the ability to run and review queries
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and delivery of other modes of electronic communication
- Proven Customer focus with well-developed business and medical acumen
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently
- Must have a professional, positive and enthusiastic attitude
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Effective presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Excellent listening and feedback skills
- Excellent verbal, telephone, and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to meet deadlines successfully while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate to business, technical and clinical audiences