Service Management Specialist (5222)
Houston, TX 77064
Morton has an immediate need for a Service Management Specialist for a customer located in Houston, Texas. The selected Service Management Specialist will be responsible for assisting the Distribution Center (DC) Systems Manager in planning, deployment, and daily operation of all IT Logistic related matters within the DC environment. Candidate will provide the DC Management with localized solutions for event management and warehouse operations. Candidate will assist in software, application, and hardware support for the local and enterprise staff. The Service Management Specialist will manage documenting procedures for IT related hardware and software. Other areas of responsibility are maintaining infrastructure and equipment readiness by performing preventative maintenance for equipment assigned to warehouse staff.
- Facilitate first and second tier support for technical matters within the Distribution Center and across the Enterprise while managing third tier support escalations as needed.
- Work with local management to make decisions based on supported systems to maintain superior uptime of all equipment, applications, and software.
- Represent local facility in planning for the installation and implementation of new systems, services, applications, and processes.
- Maintain strong working relationship with internal support teams and application vendors.
- Document and log incidents using ticketing system for metric and performance-based reporting.
- Perform preventative maintenance and daily health check of supported systems to ensure uptime and stability.
- Assist in the planning, deployment, and management of complex IT projects involving interrelated disciplines and multiple stages of the systems development lifecycle.
- Provide other duties as required.
- The position will be expected to respond to off-hour emergencies and perform off schedule work as required.
- Strong verbal communication and technical documentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision.
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors for onsite and offsite equipment repairs, quality control of work performed, and coordination of outage windows between multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience providing high-quality support in a demanding customer service environment.
- Experience working in high pressure environments.
- Hands-on experience and technical aptitude managing and maintaining full Windows environments.
- Install, configure, and maintain PCs, Handheld RF equipment (Zebra, Honeywell, etc.), printers, and related peripheral devices.
- Basic understanding of Warehouse/Logistics processes, such as receiving, selection/picking, consolidation and shipping.
- Experience supporting all aspects of warehouse / supply chain systems, including Warehouse Management Systems (HighJump/HighJump1) and Warehouse Control Systems (Fortna, Tompkins Control Systems, and WSI).
- Ability to troubleshoot problems across multiple systems providing supporting evidence of root cause and recommended remediation.
- Associate degrees in MIS required; Bachelor’ s degree in IT preferred AND 3-5 years of experience supporting warehouse operations or logistics in an IT support role.
- Microsoft: MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MOUS
- CompTIA: A+, Server+, Security+