Senior Systems Quality Analyst (5120)
Richmond, VA 23233
Morton is seeking a Senior Systems Quality Analyst for our client in the Richmond, VA area. This person serves as lead tester on complex and multi-system initiatives. Responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan and test cases; executing the plan, cases and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy- and / or external systems and functionality. Ensures that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before released to the production environment.
- Supports all technology systems testing on enhancement tickets, corporate projects and break fixes
- Proactive research of current and impacted functionality within relevant systems
- Participates in requirements process/meetings, reviews business requirements, functional requirements and technical specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables
- Creates thorough and exhaustive test plans and test cases, including regression testing details, utilizing approved templates to ensure all functional requirements are tested.
- Facilitate the review meeting, document and track stakeholder approvals on test plans and test cases, embedding the approvals within the documentation to ensure adequate audit trail
- Executes comprehensive system testing in accordance with the documented test plan and cases
- Creates and utilizes automated testing scripts and tool, Selenium, where applicable
- Isolate, document, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes
- Provide routine reporting to the project team regarding the test status and open defects at agreed upon intervals, the frequency should be determined by the project team and documented within the test plan
- Actively participate in all project meetings providing updates regarding their deliverables
- Manages tracking and documenting all test execution approvals by the necessary project team, embedding them in the documentation to ensure adequate audit trail. Proactively identifies and makes recommendations to management for process improvements.
- Serve as a mentor to team and contract resources
- Creates documentation around best practices and standard operating procedures to share with the team
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of testing experience.
- Advanced computer & mobile/smart device literacy.
- PC Skills: Microsoft Windows, SQL, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet Browsers.