Senior Software Engineer (4866)
Omaha, NE 68102
Morton is seeking a talented and passionate Senior Software Engineer for a customer located in Omaha, Nebraska. This is a Direct Hire need where we want vocal advocates of agile / lean methods who will be excited about creative problem-solving as part of a cross-functional team, will obsess over writing smart, simple clean code; will tirelessly strive for the best end-user experience and will have the drive and desire to keep learning the latest development techniques. The Full Stack Engineer contributes to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of business applications by providing specialized technical and business knowledge to the team.
- Function as part of a scrum team responsible for the complete delivery of solutions.
- Design, build and unit test application software in a multi-technology environment.
- Socialize best practices and design patterns as appropriate to ensure high quality software products and minimize maintenance requirements.
- Offer technical direction on how to adopt and use the latest tools and technologies
- Leverage agile and DevOps to optimize delivery practices
- Be an advocate and evangelist of micro services architecture and REST API vision
- Drive technical-excellence within the technical community of practice
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems reported.
- Previous experience working as a core part of passionate agile teams
- Experience in a variety of fast-moving domains working on strategic initiatives
- A team player, technical mentor, keen to coach others and share ideas with your team
- A great communicator able to articulate technical issues in plain language
- You take ownership of tasks and are outcome focused
- You are able to build relationships and are a trusted advisor to IT and the business
- Continuous learner, seeking out new technological solutions, languages and coding methods
- Some things you have experience with…
- Experience assembling solutions using custom development, off the shelf systems, and 3rd party integrations
- 5+ years using frameworks such as Grails, .NET, Node.js, or Flask
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL – MS SQL Server preferred
- 3+ years Agile project delivery methods
- DevOps, CI/CD, test automation and cloud deployment
- Rapid prototype sprints to deliver new innovations to market
- Experience creating modern web applications and designing Web APIs with REST/JSON
- Experience setting up cloud-based innovation / sandbox environments for experimentation
- Familiarity with design thinking and customer centric design
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, other related field or military experience
- Other desirable/ advantageous skills and experience…
- Experience gained in either an insurance or insurance related business or a retail environment.