Senior Software Developer (4982)
Raleigh, NC 27601
Morton has an immediate need for a Senior Software Developer for one of our customers located in Raleigh, North Carolina. The Senior Software Developer will build new APIs; build integrations to existing systems; build API portals; and assist with the definition of technical tasks, estimates, and dependencies. You will be empowered to innovate— it is expected you will contribute to automation and the refinement of coding standards and processes that will enable product teams to release features on-demand. Successful candidates will also take pride and ownership of his/her applications, demonstrate a penchant for design, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivering and supporting scalable, high performance enterprise-level APIs. The implementation around enterprise systems requires strong critical thinking skills and creative engineering with an eye towards customer focus.
- Work with business stakeholders, project managers, business analysts, and other IT teams to understand the business needs and their requirements.
- Work with a nimble team of software engineers to ensure the solutions meet our business needs using Agile methodologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure technical documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Consistently cognizant of opportunities for enhancements and process improvements.
- Research, design, define, develop, test, document, and implement new service APIs or changes to existing services. Participate in test planning, development, and execution for integration and system testing.
- Learn new software tools and skills as needed. Keep up with technologies. Provide mentoring to other development staff on technical topics.
- Support and maintain applications utilizing required tools and technologies. Ensure applications are scalable and operate efficiently in the production environment.
- Ability to research issues across multiple key systems and databases. Assist customers and team members on issue resolution and problem solving.
- Comfortable working in an open, dynamic, rapidly changing environment where collaboration is crucial.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of relevant
- 8+ years of experience in application development
- At least 3 years of API development experience (with preference for MuleSoft/Java expertise)
- Strong familiarity with API management and micro-services
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience in large scale applications – either public facing web applications or applications with large numbers of concurrent users.
- Technical hands-on experience developing in REST/JSON or SOAP/XML
- Comfortable implementing continuous integration / continuous delivery process for applications using technologies such as Jenkins and Git.
- Experience creating and consuming REST API services with JSON
- Experience using Unix command line and Bash/Shell/Python scripting to automate tasks, etc.
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, or similar)
- Experience with DevOps technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Maven, Ant, etc. desired