Senior Salesforce Developer (4842)
Richmond, VA 23219
Morton has an immediate need for a Senior Salesforce Developer for one of our customers in Richmond, Virginia. The Senior Salesforce Developer will work as part of an agile delivery team, with solution architects, Salesforce business owners and technical team members to configure and develop Salesforce solutions. The Senior Developer serves as the technical leader of assigned Scrum team and oversees detailed solution designs, provides guidance to junior team members, and conducts code reviews with the team. The Senior Salesforce Developer writes user stories and acceptance criteria, estimates story size, configures or develops Salesforce solutions, and tests, debugs and deploys features to support Salesforce implementation. The Senior Developer actively participates in product demos, retrospectives and other team ceremonies and documents solutions delivered. The Senior Developer has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures used in the Salesforce development environment and rely on experience and judgment to plan, prioritize and complete user stories that meet the team' s Definition of Done (DoD). The Senior Salesforce Developer provides technical expertise and recommendations to his or her team and may identify and evaluate new technologies. The Senior Salesforce Developer may also serve as the Scrum Master of assigned team
- Design, develop, test, document, and deploy Salesforce solutions
- Check in configurations to the team' s source code repository and deploy configurations using DevOps tooling
- Serve as the technical team leader by mentoring junior developers, performing code reviews, and reviewing and approving solution designs including testing and documentation artifacts
- Collaborate with solution architects, product managers, product owners, business owners and their proxies to define user stories and detailed acceptance criteria
- Develop accurate estimates of story size using story points to enable Sprint planning
- Actively participate in team ceremonies including story and feature demos, program increment (PI) and iteration planning, daily standups and retrospectives
- Communicate with team members regarding status, impediments and technical issues
- Work with other developers to design integrations between systems across the enterprise
- Follow and contribute to technical processes, coding standards, and guidelines
- Continually evaluate and refractor code base for increased extensibility
- 7+ years of experience working with Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Marketing Cloud.
- Experience with Agile development processes, continuous integration, and deployments.
- Experience in financial services or other regulated industries a plus.
- Experience with REST/SOAP APIs (XML, JSON).
- Experience with Salesforce APIs, Apex Triggers and Classes, SOQL, Force.com Tool and Toolkits.
- Experience in working with Salesforce Workflow Rules and Approvals, Visual Flow, Process Builder and Salesforce limitations.
- Familiar with integration approaches and tools including Salesforce Connect and oData and ETL tools (i.e., Mulesoft’ s Dataloader or Talend ETL).
- Familiar with Salesforce Sites.
- Experience in using testing automation tools like Selenium.
- Working knowledge of CA Agile Manager (Rally) or similar ALM tools.
- Strong understanding of design principles, technically scalable data modeling, and Force.com development best practices.
- Experience in structured SDLC methodologies including Agile/Scrum or SAFe
- Experience integrating Salesforce with other applications via real time and batch process (sync/async).
- Knowledge automated deployment / DevOps tools and technologies
- Knowledge of source control management tools such as Git
- Experience working as a technical lead on an Agile delivery team
- Strong solution design and problem solving skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field of study
- Certified SFDC Developer is the preference.