Senior Power BI Developer (7273)
Richmond, VA 23219 US
Position Status: 6-month contract with rolling extensions
Overview: Our client is looking for a Senior Power BI Developer for a HYBRID position based out of Richmond, VA.
- Seeking a Power BI Developer with strong business analysis and Power BI skills.
- The best candidate will have proven success producing solutions and results under required timelines.
- They also need to possess the energy to thrive in a fast-paced environment and the ability to effectively multitask.
- The right candidate will have proven experience in working closely with business users, stakeholders, and project teams to understand the business drivers, needs, and pain points, translating these into technical specifications and design the most appropriate BI solutions.
- Experience and in-depth understanding of database concepts and how to marry them with analytical capabilities.
- Ability to work independently with management and business users gathering and delivering on requirements with high attention to detail and focused on the timely completion of deliverables.
- Experience in creating visualizations and reports for requested projects.
- Design and develop dashboards, scorecards, charts, pivot tables, reports, and reporting systems according to the business requirements.
- Digest project requirements, devise BI solutions, and provide estimates for accomplishing the solution.
- Support business users with their own dashboard/report development, including troubleshooting existing reports, updating data sources, and publishing to on-prem and cloud report servers.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries, stored procedures, views, and functions with an understanding of performance factors such as indexes, execution plans and statistics.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative in solution design.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude.
- Developing and maintaining business information models.
- 6 Years – Overall IT experience in data analysis, data management, and report development.
- 4 Years – Microsoft Power BI development experience.
- 3 Years – Experience with SQL to query relational databases to perform data analysis, data profiling, and data mapping.
- 2 Years – Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools.
- 2 Years – Experience working with Agile project methodology.
About Our Client: Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace by both policy and practice. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition. Employment and personnel practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination. While the Company is committed to following this principle in every facet of employment, all employees share in the responsibility to promote and foster a favorable work environment.