Senior Business Systems Analyst (5119)
Richmond, VA 23233
Morton is seeking a Business Systems Analyst for our client in the Richmond, VA area. This person acts as the primary consultant between various business units in order to review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs. Documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, and formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Uses advanced knowledge of company technology and business processes to identify opportunities to further leverage the technology within the business.
- Consults with business representatives to perform analysis to create business cases for medium risk projects.
- Owns the business requirements and verification process.
- Develop and solicit approval of SDLC documentation, and act as the subject matter expert for business partners on SDLC process.
- Occasionally participates in the development and management of project plans related to the application development initiatives.
- Manages the change control process for assigned projects.
- Reviews requirements, specifications, test documentation, implementation, support, training and maintenance plans to ensure they are in line with business objectives on projects.
- Aids in the remediation of defects encountered during QA testing.
- Primary contact for researching root-cause and facilitating resolution of production errors.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in processes and procedures used by the Business Analyst team.
- Act as a resource to less experienced Associates.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or related discipline.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience supporting projects related to process improvements.
- Experience in an insurance or call center environment is preferred.
- PC Skills: Microsoft Windows, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- High level of computer literacy and knowledge of PeopleSoft CRM.