Senior Back-End Java Developer (5217)
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Morton is in the process of supporting a great customer with a need for multiple Senior Back-End Java Developers in Richmond, Virginia. The selected candidates will be a part of the Enterprise Services Team where they will interface with teams throughout the organization. Ideal candidates will be ones who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery and support of scalable, high performance enterprise-level solutions.
- Deep hands-on technical experience with Java EE 6, JBoss EAP 6 or above, WebSphere MQ 7, EJB 3, SQL / Databases, Spring Integration Framework, Linux/UNIX, REST/SOAP web services, XML, Maven, Junit, Hibernate, Java Persistence API (JPA), Java Servlet, JAX-WS web services, JAXB XML binding, Ant, Grails, Eclipse or Eclipse-based IDE
- Proficient with Oracle 11g/DB2, Hudson, Jenkins, JIRA, web security experience such as WS-Security
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements uderlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, work with architects to come to an agreed technical approach, and lead development efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively with or lead cross-functional teams with minimal supervision
- Ability to drive consensus within a team and influence outcomes in significant technical decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills to work with different business groups and IT Partners
- Extreme attention to detail and organization in all aspects of the systems development life cycle.
- Ability to understand, master, and be able to prototype with new technologies quickly
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, and prioritize multiple streams of activity.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or a related field of study
- Strong integration architecture experience with familiarity of the retail order management process.
- Over 7 years of relevant systems analysis and software development experiences
- Experience and understanding of Enterprise Integration concepts and technologies including ESB, SOA based solutions, transactional systems, message-oriented middleware, software design patterns, JMS, continuous integration framework, REST, SOAP, and web Services
- Broad knowledge of service and client development, different open source frameworks, application performance tuning, Agile Scrum methodology, and software engineering best practices.
- Experience of low latency, highly available and scalable distributed systems in an environment with high volume of transactions
- Experience building middle-tier services that integrate with various external systems and vendors with enterprise middleware technologies and different standardized communication protocols
- Experience in defining systems architectures and designs, exploring technical feasibility trade-offs, and making data-driven decisions
- Experience in supporting large-scale web applications and enterprise service software.
- Ideal candidate will bring experience with Apache Kafka