Security Engineer (5147)
Morrisville, NC 27560
Morton is looking for Cyber Security professionals who will join a security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network. A security engineer who understands how the hardware/software asset management program of a large enterprise should work is needed to support the team. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
- Candidate will assess network threats such as computer viruses, exploits, and malicious attacks
- Determine true threats, false positives and network system misconfigurations and provide solutions in a timely manner
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in the analysis of tool outputs and providing recommendations for improving the overall security posture of the client
- Conduct heavy analysis of asset data to aggregate multiple data inputs and put assets into context to identify vulnerabilities and potential gaps
- Experience with endpoint management systems (e.g., Tanium, SCCM, BigFix, Symantec)
- Strong Splunk experience in creating effective dashboards, hunting cyber threats using event correlation, and acting on machine intelligence to remediate enterprise vulnerabilities
- Netflow analytics for compliance and threat hunting
- Work with suppliers of data (e.g., WonMug, Cisco ISE, StealthWatch) to maximize efficiency and accuracy of data feeds into Splunk. Advise suppliers of potential features in their tools that could be activated to improve security (e.g., TrustSec and Security Group Tagging in ISE)
- Ability to map application components to identify security problems and provide solutions
- Analyze data imports into Splunk for accuracy and completeness; compare data from the various network security tools to identify overlaps and search for gaps.
- Conduct initial triage assessments of findings from network security tools
- Engages with other internal and external forces to get and share information to improve processes and security posture
- Troubleshoots application connectivity and performance through log analysis and network captures, etc.
- Experience with Flexera/B|DNA, Splunk, BMC Atrium, ServiceNow, and enterprise network infrastructures
- Experience with ForeScout CounterACT, Cisco ISE, MobileIron, and Tanium
- Project planning experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Microsoft office suite of applications
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Information Security (Master’ s Degree preferred).
- At least one of the following certifications:
- CompTIA Security +
- CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer
- CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)