Salesforce Solution Architect (4947)
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Morton has an immediate need for a Salesforce Solution Architect for a customer in Richmond, Virginia. This is a long-term opportunity where the selected Salesforce Solution Architect will work with Product Managers, Business Stakeholders, Salesforce Admins and Technical Delivery Teams to design complex cloud-based solutions using Salesforce and related technologies. This position owns the solution architecture and design of complex components including integrations, security, configuration and custom development. This is an awesome opportunity with an awesome team focused on delivering high-value solutions; we are looking for someone who brings passion around Salesforce and delivering business value solutions.
- Contribute to decisions concerning the Team' s overall approach and participate meaningfully in the ongoing tactical dialog
- Lead by example, seek consensus and help the team to be greater than the sum of its parts
- Champion a truly agile, true DevOps, true CI/CD culture here at Advance. This includes leading the adoption of Salesforce DX across the Enterprise
- Work with Salesforce Product Managers to maintain the backlog of features and epics. Documents feature acceptance criteria and benefit hypothesis statements
- Work with the development team to estimate feature sizes and participates in feature prioritization discussions
- Approve overall technical design for solutions delivered on the Salesforce platform. Responsible for ensuring that the system accurately meets the defined expectations of the business including functional and non-functional requirements, ensures that proper testing is implemented, and that performance and security requirements are monitored by working with implementation teams.
- Identify technical design risks and develops mitigating approaches. Guide and mentor developers and communicate closely with the rest of the Salesforce team including keeping stakeholders informed of solution progress and risks.
- Own the development and delivery of Salesforce features from inception through production implementation
- Collaborate with Salesforce Technical Leads and team members to ensure Salesforce development teams follow best practices when architecting, programming or documenting solutions. This includes creating standards and documentation. Ensure all development staff follows the same technical standards and guidelines
- Estimate epic and feature sizes using agile relative sizing techniques
- Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability; determine nature and scope of changes to existing applications for enhancements and other changes
- Work with technical team members to split features into user stories and provide guidance and oversight to delivery team members as they document story detail and acceptance criteria
- Review and provide feedback on detailed technical design
- Work with feature delivery teams to ensure testing and documentation are created or updated in accordance with team standards.
- Conduct vendor analysis and proof-of-concepts/prototypes for new technologies/solutions
- Act as knowledge integrator and translator between business users and technical team members; communicate effectively with Programmers, Infrastructure Engineers, Business Analysts, Information Security Practitioners, ScrumMasters, and Senior Management
- Actively participate in our customer’ s newly formed Salesforce CoE (Circle of Excellence)
- Stay up to date on the latest technology trends in requirements gathering, analysis and documentation and stay informed on the latest technology trends in the industry
- Experience with Jira and Confluence will be a plus
- 7+ years of Salesforce implementation experience. Experience with Salesforce configuration, including workflows, validation rules, and security controls. Experience defining business requirements, writing user stories, and providing detailed Salesforce system and functional designs. Experience operating in a SCRUM Framework Agile environment
- Expert level understanding of the Salesforce product suite including Sales, Service, Communities and Marketing Clouds, as well as the Force.com Platform
- Experience in designing and developing software components and having a strong background in database design and system architecture.
- Experience with Release Management, Source Control, and Deployment concepts and technologies such as ANT, SFDC Metadata API, Jenkins, Git (Bitbucket) and DevOps in a Salesforce environment
- Experience in documenting current state business processes and wireframing system designs using process flow diagram tools, UML, sequence diagrams, etc. as well as making recommendations for future state improved processes and system designs
- Expert level experience defining the system architecture landscape, identifying gaps between current and desired end-states, and delivering a comprehensive solution that will enable achievement of the desired business outcomes Experience integrating Salesforce with different business systems, as well as working with integration tools (ESB and ETL)
- Experience with Lightning, Visual Force, Apex controllers, Triggers, Batch jobs and standard SFDC components
- Advanced understanding of the Salesforce.com data model and how and when to create custom objects vs. using Salesforce out-of-the-box functionality
- Integration experience using both Web based technologies (Soap, Rest) and Integration/Middleware tools such as MuleSoft
- Ability to define the system landscape, to identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver a solution
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including project-related user interview skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of options and how to handle security requirements such as single sign on and data security
- Experience using Agile methods to deliver software solutions
- Certifications required: Salesforce Admin and Developer Certifications