Salesforce Developer (5216)
Richmond, VA 23219
Morton is seeking a Salesforce Developer for our client in the Richmond, VA area. This position performs all tasks appropriate to role, including technical analysis, object design, prototyping, coding and unit testing of products with high quality deliverables. Responsible for the security, quality, and performance of developed applications. Apply and acquire business and product knowledge in the performance of assigned projects. Provide direct input into the on-going improvement of standards and processes. Successful candidates must possess excellent communication skills, should be comfortable working autonomously and within a team environment, and be willing to work on-call and after hours.
- Write and validate apex code and triggers based on business requirements or user stories, architectural requirements, and established coding standards.
- Develop and manage complex rules around process and workflow, validation, fields, advanced formulas, and custom objects
- Work in and deploy from a sandbox environment to test all changes to business logic including the creation of test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols for appropriate environments, and coordinating actual software beta-launch.
- Participate in the review of business epics and stories within an agile framework
- Create and test prototypes
- Perform application unit testing.
- Troubleshoot applications and resolve defects in the SalesForce ORGs
- Communicate ideas in both technical and user friendly language.
- Update and maintain product documentation.
- Participate/Lead Development of the SalesForce Center of Excellence.
- Participate in the creation of SalesForce governance standards in regards to design, best practices and release cadence
- Provide on call support as needed.
- Utilize skills in data analysis, data verification, and problem solving.
- Provide accurate breakdown tasks and estimates for coding and development unit testing efforts.
- Mentor team members.
- Assist with technical interviews and talent recruitment.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or related field of study, or equivalent level of professional work experience.
- This position requires the SalesForce app builder certification. The developer certification is strongly desired.
- 2 years of Salesforce development or other related Salesforce experience required.
- Must have proven experience developing Visualforce/Apex code on the Saleforce.com platform
- Expected to keep up to date on current release exams
- Strong knowledge of team-oriented and collaborative working environments.
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge of software design and development principles.
- Visualforce / Apex code development
- Familiarity with Lightening experience
- Code deployment via change set