QA Test Automation Engineer (7190)
Richmond, VA 23219 US
Schedule: Hybrid (May be fully remote, come onsite when needed)
Position Status: 6-month contract with renewals/extensions
Overview: Our client is looking for a QA Test Automation Engineer for a Hybrid position based out of Richmond, VA.
This position will be responsible writing test cases, creating scripts and automation environments. Using different automation tools, you will design, test, and deploy effective test automation solutions. Your goal is to automate as much of the testing effort as possible with a minimum set of code. Duties:
- Write, design, and execute automated tests by creating scripts that run testing functions automatically.
- Maximize test coverage for the most critical features of the system.
- Determine the priority for test scenarios and create execution plans to implement these scenarios.
- Write documentation for automated processes including test plans, test procedures, and test cases.
- Expand upon existing test automation frameworks.
- Log and document bugs in the tracking system.
- 3-4 years of software products test automation experience.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Suggest/make framework enhancements to accommodate the scripting needs.
- Ability to examine bug reports, prioritize necessary tests, and streamline application functions through automated testing processes.
- Strong oral communication skills to effectively collaborate with the QA team, create testing plans and automation scripts, and written reports showing errors.
- Must be able to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Requires someone who is a team player, self-directed with the ability to thrive in a changing environment.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and under supervision.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Automation testing tools: Selenium, Zephyr.
- API testing tools that require strong coding skills to create tests: SoapUI, Postman
- Defect and task tracking: Jira
About Our Client: Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace by both policy and practice. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition. Employment and personnel practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination. While the Company is committed to following this principle in every facet of employment, all employees share in the responsibility to promote and foster a favorable work environment.