QA / Test Engineer (4865)
Omaha, NE 68102
Morton has an immediate Direct Hire need for a Test Engineer with a customer in Omaha, Nebraska. The selected candidate will be responsible for creating blue printed test suites for Continuous Testing of Applications in IT along with managing, leading testing efforts (both manual and automated) across multiple work streams and monitoring design/code repositories for best practices when coverage is being scaled. The Software Quality Engineer will work closely with all scrum team members to review and approve detailed business and functional requirements documents and translate them as Business specifications in Gherkin. This position will assist in the designing, development and scaling automation suites.
- 3 years of total experience in Quality Assurance, Test Engineering, or a Related field.
- Experience developing, implementing and executing data-driven and Acceptance Test Driven testing frameworks using ruby/watir-webdriver/selenium-webdriver/cucumber (preferred) or Cucumber/NodeJS to facilitate the test automation.
- Experience in planning, developing, implementing and executing testing strategies in support of Agile ATDD, BDD practices
- Demonstrated ability to advice, direct, train and evaluate staff on TDD practices and ability to spearhead and implement TDD practices and patterns across all test levels (unit/integration/systems).
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex business and technical requirements into features, user stories and examples.
- Demonstrated ability to scale automation test coverage and experience in building Continuous Testing models using Jenkins, VSTS etc
- Experience in working with API tools such as REST-Assured, POSTMAN, SOAPUI, Jmeter etc.
- Experience in working with databases for test data validation. ex: MS SQL experience along with data manipulation tools ex: PL/SQL, TOAD etc
- Experience with database backend automation for programmatic data injection, consumption and validation to be incorporated in test automation suites.
- Experience defining and designing solution for integrating various service automation suites with CI tools such as Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Insurance Industry experience is a plus but not a requirement
- Experience with Java and Groovy are a plus
- Experience with Continuous Testing for CI/CD is a plus
- Experience with parallel and threaded execution of automation suites are a plus
- Experience with API development (SOAP, Rest) and testing are a plus