Project Manager / Business Analyst (5124)
Raleigh, NC 27604
Morton has an immediate need for a Project Manager / Business Analyst for a customer located in Raleigh, North Carolina who will drive projects from original concept through final implementation. The PM is responsible for coordinating activities of a project team, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project. The Project Manager operates under general direction and provides guidance to the project team.
- Dive the building of a Project Management Office (PMO) within the business unit
- Drive and develop appropriate regular reporting cadence and artifacts to report out for the PMO
- Drive and work with the business leaders to support them in their operational issues and risks.
- Define project scope and objectives; and ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables.
- Identify appropriate resource needs; work with appropriate management to get resource commitments; make recommendations in sourcing strategy.
- Create and manage project schedule efficiently; track progress in completing project tasks.
- Manage scope and cost; ensure financial forecast is created and maintained throughout the project.
- Take action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems; escalate issues to management and project stakeholders as necessary.
- Conduct project meetings; prepare and present status reports on a regular basis to management and project stakeholders.
- Participate in and lead internal process improvements and make recommendations on areas of improvement to management team.
- Previous experience in building a “ Business PMO” to handle operational risks and issues
- Proven ability to take on day to day issues and risks of the business and drive to resolution
- Strong Project and Program Management experience
- PMP Certification a must have
- Experience in writing and owning the development of Business Cases to secure funding
- Advanced skill in project management software, specifically collaboration software
- MS Office Professional Series (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Proficient in Visio and comfortable creating process maps.
- Outstanding Stakeholder Management skills
- Knowledge of project management tools, methods and best practices as defined by the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Solid understanding of business mathematics and basic project accounting principles.
- Proven experience handling multiple assignments and using strong prioritization skills, ability to work in high-expectation situations providing leadership and collaboration to deliver solutions.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and negotiation skills, ability to make recommendations that drive business growth and organizational efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills, ability to effectively present information across all levels of the organization and cultivate relationships with internal and external customers to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to utilize documentation, knowledge bases, FAQs, and WIKIs in problem resolution.
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- 5-10 years relevant experience