Project Manager (7251)
Virginia Beach, VA 23453 US
Position Status: 6-month contract to permanent
Overview: Our client is looking for a Project Manager for a position located in Virginia Beach, VA. The Project Manager will be responsible for leading a team, managing their schedules, and ensuring projects are completed on time and according to specifications, while reporting to our Director of Operations.
- Must be able to work Monday – Friday 7:00AM – 5:00PM; additional work may be required.
- Must possess and maintain a satisfactory background record.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- 80% field work / 20% office. This is not a desk job.
- It’s your call on whether you decide to stay overnight. You will be assigned several projects and be expected to lead the installation teams to ensure the projects are on time, under budget, correct, and safe.
- Organize, plan, and manage complex projects.
- Serve as the liaison on active projects, providing periodic status and financial updates as required.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations and safety standards.
- Review project documentation and blueprints to ensure work is performed according to design.
- Ensure project is completed on time and within budget.
- Delegate work and assignments to team members based on expertise, work experience and time constraints.
- Coordinate ordering and staging of all equipment with warehouse manager for timely deployment.
- Recommend employment related decisions, including hiring and termination based on staffing needs and employee performance, respectively.
- Advise the sales team of any change order activity so it can be quoted to the customer.
- Attend field and internal project management meetings as needed.
- Provide post-project reporting on completion within budget and margin goals.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, and crawl.
- Must be able to see color to discern plans.
- 5+ years in project leadership with experience in construction management.
- An analytical mind with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated scheduling and time management experience.
- Leadership skills to effectively coach, guide, and motivate a team.
- Ability to identify risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Outstanding organizational, logistics, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- OSHA 30 training.
About Our Client: Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace by both policy and practice. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition. Employment and personnel practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination. While the Company is committed to following this principle in every facet of employment, all employees share in the responsibility to promote and foster a favorable work environment.