Project Manager (5184)
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Morton has an immediate need for a Senior Project Manager, Merchandising for a customer located in Richmond, Virginia. The role requires both deep project management experience in a consulting organization, and the ability to facilitate the deployment of solutions by mapping customer business problems to reusable end-to-end technology solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience managing projects focused around the implementation of retail B2B/B2C platforms along with experience managing projects in a Agile/Scrum and Waterfall environment.
- The candidate must also have experience managing within the PMI methods.
- Establishes a strategy of continuous risk management that enables proactive decisions and actions throughout the project life cycle, and creates an environment to support it where the project team has visible, measurable, and repeatable processes for managing these risks.
- Collecting, reviewing and publishing project status with regards to resources, schedule, stakeholder management, and features that influence project performance and completion.
- Follow the principles and governance of IT PMO in project delivery
- Track progress against the Master Program Plan, and the Program Communications Plan in order to identify gain or slippage achieved against overall timescales and ensure that these are communicated to the client and internally within the organization.
- Develop contingency plans to provide an alternative method of keeping the program on track in the event of a delay to one of the projects.
- Identify, pursue, and close strategic business development opportunities while continually driving add-on business value within existing accounts. To accomplish this, the PM must be effective in communicating project health and in articulating projects risks to executive leadership.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of program/project management experience required.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have experience in managing medium to large size teams on site and remote. Experience in managing offshore teams is also preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) required
- Experience in managing both Waterfall and Agile projects
- Competency in Project Management, Change Management, Analytical Problem Solving, Customer/Partner Relationships, Product & Technology Expertise, Strategic Insight
- A bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Retail experience is highly desired.