Project Manager (5015)
Richmond, VA 23230
Morton has an immediate need for a Project Manager to support a customer located in Richmond, Virginia. The selected Project Manager will be responsible for research and analysis of the effectiveness, application and impact of new technologies, systems, programs and management approaches to operational services. PM should effectively facilitate work teams, conduct training, develop project and communication plans, provide team support, etc. to see that the Authority moves through project implementations in a timely and efficient manner. This position will not focus on technology projects (i.e. new system requirements or new system implementation), yet will lead projects related to our customer' s Retail initiatives as well as the evaluation of program areas. This position will lead projects sponsored by operating division directors or a member of the senior executive team and will have access to subject matter experts as needed to carry out their projects. A strong background in data analysis, process improvement, business writing and stakeholder outreach is preferred.
- Effectively manage all phases of the project including requirements gathering, budgeting, work planning and documentation/reporting.
- Develop and maintain an effective system to formally document and track the status of all project activities and recommendations.
- Bring any changes, delays, or revisions to the project plan to the requestor, manager and project sponsor’ s attention for approval.
- Display effective leadership skills and considerable independence and initiative in managing projects and actively involve stakeholders in project implementation.
- 5 years of experience with excellent communications, both verbal and written
- 5 years of experience with MS Excel
- 5 years of experience with Project Management (PMP isn' t required but helpful)
- 5 years of experience with organization and detail oriented work along with the ability to multi-task.
- 5 years of experience with the ability to absorb, understand, and disseminate information.
- 5 years of experience using Agile or Waterfall methodologies.
- 5 years of experience as Project Manager focused on Real Estate / Retail projects.