Project Manager (5006)
Richmond, VA 23219
Morton has an immediate need for a Project Manager with a customer in Richmond, Virginia. This is a long-term contract opportunity where we are looking for an experienced project manager to join our customer' s PMO / Governance Team in a reporting and metrics/ project oversight role. This isn' t a traditional Project Manager role as we are looking for candidates with demonstrable experience in Power BI report configuration and dashboard design highly desired.
- 2 years of demonstrable and documented experience in Report Configuration and Dashboard Design with Power BI, Cognos or Tableau is REQUIRED
- 10 years of experience with Microsoft Project
- 5 years of experience with strong writing skills.
- 5 years of experience writing and delivering training to Project Managers (highly desired)
- 10 years of experience working in a team environment.
- 10 years of experience in Project Management.
- Power BI is STRONGLY PREFERRED.
- Must have experience managing and providing leadership and guidance to project teams, in both Waterfall and Agile settings.
- Proven track record in positively motivating teams and instilling accountability for on-time and within budget and scope.
- Successful track record for defining and implementing process improvement measures within project teams.
- Demonstrate understanding of project portfolio, life-cycle management and agile processes.
- Provide SME support for Microsoft Project Professional in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of governance processes, procedures and policies.
- Demonstrate competence in identifying risk areas and proactively mitigating the risks.
- Ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing priorities, embracing the changes to provide leadership and guidance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong technical and functional understanding of MS Project, Project Server, SharePoint.
- Familiar with Agile values, principles, processes and methods.
- Experience on a variety of Scrum teams (size, culture, co-located, etc.)
- Experience using reporting tools to transform and standardize data.
- PMP certification through PMI or VITA' s PM certification are highly preferred.