Product Manager (5166)
Richmond, VA 23230
Morton is seeking a Product Manager for our client in Richmond, Va. This position will serve as the critical bridge between the business needs of their customers and the engineers who build products. Product Managers work with sales teams and customers to understand current and future market needs as well as with engineering throughout the development process. The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for bringing products to market on time and ensuring a successful execution of the product strategy.
- Own the product lifecycle and roadmap execution for a set of features related to the business platform.
- Work with customers and users to gather and document initial product ideas/requirements, stories and use cases
- Work with business owners, engineering, and other teams to design, manage the product development process, and launch.
- Act as a project manager working closely with our software engineers along the entire development process to ensure releases are delivered on time, on scope, with high quality and on budget
- Prioritize resource allocation based on competing priorities
- BA/BS ideally with computer science course work
- 2 to 5 years professional experience as a Product/Project Manager, ideally with a communication, marketing automation, or SaaS company
- Experience using JIRA
- Exceptional critical thinking skills with the ability to learn quickly and function in a do-it-yourself environment
- Strong commercial insight; ability to develop both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strong understanding of internet and communication technologies
- Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Programming experience (preferred)
- Experience in leading technical integrations between platforms (preferred)