Procurement Analyst (5232)
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Morton has an immediate need for a Procurement Analyst for a customer located with a customer in Glen Allen, Virginia. The selected Procurement Analyst will ensure that accounts payable data is processed in a confidential and timely manner. This position requires a high level of attention to detail, an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and a commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Process vendor invoices and payment requests of moderate to high complexity, priority, and/or dollar volume.
- Provide appropriate general ledger coding and supporting documentation for each invoice or payment request in accordance with Markel policies and procedures. Determine responsible party.
- Perform invoice match against purchase order. Ensure purchase orders have sufficient balances to cover expenditures.
- Work with Global Procurement to resolve purchase order related issues that are impeding the release and timely payment of an invoice.
- Maintain accurate and detailed invoice support files.
- Track and process telecommunications payments. Coordinate with Global Procurement and Information Technology to ensure accuracy of telecommunication accounts.
- Partner with members of Global Disbursements, Global Procurement, and other relevant Markel departments by providing support and requested documentation on accounts payable related tasks, requests, projects and initiatives.
- Strong ability to analyze documents, invoices, contracts in regard to payments
- Must possess excellent data entry skills
- Must be detail oriented but also be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work well with others and meet strict deadlines
- Must be able to provide clear consistent direction and guidance to other departments
- Ability to establish priorities and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to follow procedural guidelines and recognize situations that present exception to guidelines
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Proficient PC skills, especially in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong procurement and payable skills required
- 2 to 5 years of experience in vendor/contract management, procurement or other related field
- Committed to customer service
- Ability to work in a highly visible and fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Basic financial and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher in Business, or related field of study
- Coursework in contract management, supply chain management, and finance is highly desired. A combination of relevant work experience and coursework will be considered in lieu of a degree.