Principal Software Developer (4981)
Raleigh, NC 27601
Morton has an immediate need for a Principal Software Developer for one of our customers located in Raleigh, North Carolina. The selected candidate will join a Platform Services team responsible for the creation and evolution of our customer' s core service-based platform. The Principal Software Developer will drive the architecture of the API platform, which involves designing and building new APIs; designing and building integrations to existing systems; designing and building API portals; and assisting with the definition of technical tasks, estimates, and dependencies. You will be empowered to innovate— it is expected you will contribute to automation and the refinement of coding standards and processes that will enable product teams to release features on-demand.
- Work with business stakeholders, project managers, business analysts, and other IT teams to understand the business needs and their requirements.
- Work with a nimble team of software engineers and enterprise architects to ensure the solutions meet our business needs using Agile methodologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Will take a lead role in the entire development cycle, conduct design and code reviews, and have heavy input throughout the process, from requirement gathering to production deployment.
- Able to shift between priorities as needed throughout the workday.Create technical system specifications and ensure documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Consistently cognizant of opportunities for enhancements and process improvements.
- Research, design, define, develop, test, document, and implement new service APIs or changes to existing services. Participate in test planning, development, and execution for integration and system testing.
- Learn new software tools and skills as needed. Keep up with technologies. Provide mentoring to other development staff on technical topics.Support and maintain applications utilizing required tools and technologies. Ensure applications are scalable and operate efficiently in the production environment.
- Ability to research issues across multiple key systems and databases. Assist customers and team members on issue resolution and problem solving.
- Comfortable working in an open, dynamic, rapidly changing environment where collaboration is crucial.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of relevant
- 10+ years of experience in application development
- At least 5 years of API development experience (with preference for Mulesoft/Java expertise)
- Strong familiarity with API management and micro-services
- Strong experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience in large scale applications – either public facing web applications or applications with large numbers of concurrent users.
- Deep technical hands-on experience developing in REST/JSON or SOAP/XML
- Comfortable implementing continuous integration / continuous delivery process for applications using technologies such as Jenkins and Git.
- Experience creating and consuming REST API services with JSON
- Experience using Unix command line and Bash/Shell/Python scripting to automate tasks, etc.
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, or similar)
- Experience with DevOps technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Maven, Ant, etc. desired