POS QA Analyst (5171)
Roanoke, VA 24012
Morton has an immediate need for a Point-of-Sale (POS) QA Analyst for a customer located in Roanoke, Virginia. This need is for a resource with solid, demonstrable knowledge and skills in quality assurance and testing techniques with the desire to further his/her skills by improving team productivity and enhancing capabilities. Qualified candidates must have Retail Point-of-Sale QA Experience, strong Testing skills, and outstanding communications.
- Work in conjunction with senior Programmer Analysts to establish a testing strategy for applications.
- Partner with the Programmer Analysts, Project Managers and Business Analysts to understand changing business demands, formulate solutions and create an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork
- Act a QA voice for major development projects
- Provide input into the development of the QA team’ s policies, procedures, and tools.
- Participate in discussions, present solutions and strategies to peers, Project Managers and Resource Managers.
- Provide input to Manager/QA Lead for QA process improvements.
- Lead test case peer reviews and provide feedback for improvement in areas such as standardization and test coverage.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and experience in testing principles, quality assurance methods and testing methods to the extent that s/he can make recommendations to team processes and implement them.
- Take responsibility for project assignments and to lead the QA effort by understanding requirements, independently testing code, demonstrating accurate translations of requirements and reviewing results with peers and seniors.
- Expected to interface with other teams and lead the integration testing effort.
- Will take on the QA leadership role in projects from start to finish including but not limited to all pieces of QA testing estimation, making recommendations to manager/QA Lead regarding resource needs, reporting QA status to management, ensuring complete test coverage, communicating risk areas and making recommendations for risk mitigation.
- 5+ years of quality assurance experience in a structured and measured process
- Thorough knowledge of testing methodologies and techniques. Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Experience working in large cross functional software development projects
- Experience in functional, non-functional, integration, load, performance and stress testing
- Demonstrated advanced experience with test case planning/creation as well as test case execution and reporting
- Proven track record of completing projects to specifications while dealing with challenges such as cross-team dependencies, changing schedules, and constantly evolving requirements
- Ability to build strong relationships across the IT and business organizations
- Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment with a strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently as QA Analyst for major projects with minimal supervision
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, being able to lead and mentor efforts.
- Critical thinking
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both technical and business acumen.
- Experience with Microsoft Test Manager.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project and testing tools including test management, requirements gathering and defect tracking.
- Point of Sale testing experience required.
- Experience deploying upgrades to POS test systems and troubleshooting deployment issues.
- Retail Systems experience in eCommerce, POS, Supply Chain and Time & attendance required.
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer-related field.