Network Engineer 3 (7258)
South Chesterfield, VA 23834 US
Position Status: 6-month contract with rolling extensions
Overview: Our client is looking for a Network Engineer 3 for an ONSITE position based out of Colonial Heights, VA.
- Network Administrator to support local and field network troubleshooting.
- This job requires a Network Knowledge and basic remote troubleshooting skills. While networking being the main focus of this job, they will still interact with Tier 1 Support issues.
- Responds to Tier 1 network support requests.
- On Call Rotation Required.
- Communicates effectively with teammates and customers of varying levels of technical expertise.
- Responds to all break/fix requests associated with network resources.
- Designs extensions of and connections to the campus network.
- Configures and deploys new/replacement network hardware and communications infrastructure.
- Maintains up-to-date project and architecture documentation.
- Maintains up-to-date inventory and maintenance records.
- Monitors network resources for faults and traffic anomalies.
- Resolves connection issues between users and resources.
- Maintains detailed change history of network changes.
- Supports Field Maintenance with communications' implementation and troubleshooting.
- Supports team efforts to improve cybersecurity controls and defenses.
- Supports team efforts for threat hunting and mitigation.
- Manages time and resource constraints.
- Task Automation.
- Basic Windows Workstation Troubleshooting.
- Basic Linux Command Line.
- 5 Years – Experience with VPN and Remote Access Technologies.
- 5 Years – Experience with Network Monitoring.
- 3 Years – Experience with Cisco Routing and Switching.
- 3 Years – Experience with VLAN Management.
- 3 Years – Experience with Network Design.
- 3 Years – Experience with Access Control Lists.
- 3 Years – Experience with Subnetting.
- 3 Years – Experience with Routing protocols.
- 3 Years – Experience with Network Monitoring.
- 3 Years – Experience with Network Security.
- 3 Years – Experience with Windows Workstation troubleshooting.
About Our Client: Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace by both policy and practice. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition. Employment and personnel practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination. While the Company is committed to following this principle in every facet of employment, all employees share in the responsibility to promote and foster a favorable work environment.