Lead Developer in Test (5074)
Glen Allen, VA 23059
Morton is seeking a Lead Quality Engineer for our client in the Richmond, VA area. This role will make significant contribution in building solutions to test Web/Windows Apps/API/Services, framing of efficient data comparison methodologies and most importantly, enhancing the quality of the delivery by employing innovative and cutting edge technologies while testing. An opportunity to think and execute like Developer while performing the role of QA. This organization values ‘ Culture of Urgency’ and ‘ Shift Left’ approaches.
- Research, design and build efficient automation/performance frameworks, including test tools and automated test suites that govern whole development cycle for any of our product platforms, based on different Web, Services/APIs and database technologies.
- Design and develop testing strategy based upon project requirements, lead in test cases creation and execution, analyze and report test results to stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with the development teams, participate in architecture and design reviews, identify issues and suggest improvements to deliver business functionality on time with required quality.
- Communicate effectively with major business stakeholders including non-technical audience and senior executives, provide cross-function coordination and collaboration.
- Estimate and perform risk analysis for complex projects. Prioritize tasks for a team to ensure critical deliverables are completed on time.
- Analyze quality assurance data and metrics to provide insights, conclusions and solutions for improvement.
- Mentor a team of engineers and provide technical leadership, skill-building and support to team. Develop action plans to execute initiatives, implement new ideas and best practices.
- 6-8 years of experience in software testing and test automation/performance, with solid, demonstrable understanding of software development and testing practices.
- 2+ years of experience in leading QA/testing projects and teams
- Proficiency in programming using Python/C#/Java or other languages
- Expertise in designing and implementing automated testing solutions for enterprise applications across the application layers (UI/Service/Data layers) and working with developers in building automation/performance friendly code/components
- Experience working with SOAP and REST service and understanding of SOA architecture
- Experience of distributed source control systems such as Git
- Strong knowledgeof RDBMS and SQL/PL-SQL, writing queries, stored procedures and scripts
- Experience of BDD and automation/performance in Agile methodology is highly desirable
- Experience of testing in CI, DevOps, rolling deployment/upgrade model using well known frameworksis desirable
- Good Knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS/Azure and experience of testing micro-services, containers, dockers is a plus
- Expertise in developing test strategy, test plans and test cases, engaging in Exploratory Testing, creating and analyzing Defect Reports and root-cause analysis
- Experience in identifying performance/load/stress testing needs and planning, using testing tools and analysis of metrics
- Experience in performance testing tools like HP LoadRunner/Performance Center/StormRunner, JMeter.
- Experience of working with the Development team to capture and re-use automated unit test cases and other development test objects
- Experience with debugging tools like: Dev Tools, Network Sniffer, Fiddler etc.
- Experience in monitoring, profiling and tuning tools e.g. CA Wily Introscope, AppDynamics etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience of delivering effective documentation and presentations
- Excellent ability to manage project teams, prioritize tasks, track and report progress and ensuring delivery on time.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor' s or higher qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent is preferred.