Java Architect (5005)
Richmond, VA 23230
Morton is seeking a JEE Applications Architect for our client in Richmond, VA. The Architect is responsible for all phases of the software development lifecycle for JEE applications (web and server side applications) and JEE architecture. Provide industry standard technical solutions and best practices to resolve a wide-range of complex problems while ensuring adherence to standards and processes.
- Develop design specifications, installation instructions and other system-related information.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security and scalability of JEE system architecture.
- Implement solutions focusing on reuse and industry standards at a program, enterprise or operational scope.
- Ensure compliance with established architecture, design patterns, policies, standards and best practices.
- Extensive experience with object oriented design principles and design patterns - must be able to apply industry standard solutions in order to resolve problems with a simple, organized design
- Extensive experience with responsive UI design and development
- Extensive experience with relational (ERD) and object oriented (UML) modeling to develop design documentation using industry standard practices
- Extensive experience with JEE UI and web service development including all aspects of application security
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Required Experience:
- Bachelor' s Degree computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience
- 3+ years in an Architect role creating architectural approaches for JEE software design and implementation to guide the development team
- 2+ years' of experience in a continuous integration and continuous delivery model (CI/CD)
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology and experience in an Agile working environment
- 5+ years JEE experience (unless years of experience stated differently below) with the following technology stack:
- Architecting and developing large complex n-tiered enterprise applications using Java/JEE, Enterprise Database and Web Technologies: Spring framework (4+ years: Core, MVC, Security, JMS), JPA
- Application Server (preferred: JBoss
- Relational Databases: IBM DB2, SQL Server (preferred version 2008 R2 or later) (4+ years)
- Preferred Experience:
- DevOps experience
- Interactive Development Environments (IDE): Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD), Red Hat Developer Studio
- Source Code Management (SCM) tools such as Apache Subversion (SVN), Git, GitLab
- Build scripting tools such as Apache Ant, Maven, and Gulp/Grunt
- Node JS and npm
- Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Operating systems such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Windows Server
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States