IT Service Specialist (5196)
Raleigh, NC 27604
Morton has an immediate need for a IT Service Specialist (Level 2 Deskside Support) for a customer located in Raleigh, North Carolina. As a level 2 deskside support professional, you will maintain, analyze, troubleshoot and repair hardware and computer systems. You will perform on-site or remote servicing, repair, and installation of computer hardware, software and networks, executing requests in person and by email, phone, or live chat. You will be engaged in a PC refresh cycle that includes the upgrade to Windows 10, using ServiceNow to manage your workflow.
- Excellent Customer Service: able to build rapport by showing empathy, obtain problem details from a sometimes-frustrated customer demonstrating confidence, a sense of purpose and urgency, adhering to service level agreements
- Problem-Solve Computer Issues: as the primary contact on technical and service related problems, take initiative and ownership of reported end-user problems using troubleshooting skills, diagnostic tools and root cause analysis techniques to identify root problems and process these incidents through ServiceNow incident management.
- Provide Hardware and Application Support: for desktops, laptops, tablets, workstation devices, mobile devices, printers, and software. Diagnose and solve unique one-time problems, reimage systems and engage in computer networking. Work with purchasing staff to buy replacement hardware and software as needed. Manage user accounts via MS Active Directory.
- Install Software Upgrades: complete hands-on fixes for desktops and laptops that include software installations and upgrades, perform file backups and configure new systems and applications. After completing installations, test new computers according to established guidelines
- Create and Maintain Documentation: Documentation is a major requirement for this role. You will record, track, and write notes that related to the problem-solving process, including decision outcomes, actions taken, and final resolutions, submitting accurate call logs, itemizing customer interactions and ensuring data in the ticketing system is accurate so reports can be used to evaluate the customer’ s experience, process health and team performance. Additionally, you will create knowledge records that can be used by the Level 1 Help Desk team or customers via the self-help portal.
- Sustain a collaborative work environment by keeping peers, process partners and management informed of trends, significant problems, unexpected delays and anything new in the environment.
- 3+ years’ experience as a desktop technician supporting issues with Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 10, iOS, OSX, Active Directory, Standard Desktop Image, Remote Access, VPN, Printer Troubleshooting and basic cabling.
- 3+ years’ experience imaging, configuring and support the deployment of new computer systems, installing & configuring hard drives.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic network issues including data sharing issues and WIFI and wired troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of user authentication, malware software and wireless communication security.
- Able to support an on-call rotation (every 9 weeks)
- Associate’ s degree or combination of professional certifications such as CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- 1+ years’ experience processing Incident, Problem, Service Request and Change Management processes using ServiceNow
- 2+ years’ experience managing support issues with Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 7, iOS, OSX, Standard Desktop Image, Remote Access, VPN, Printer Troubleshooting and basic cabling.
- Time Management: Work independently and pace self to multitask and complete jobs successfully.
- Analytical Thinking: Address a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Apply Technology to Tasks: Uses available diagnostic tools to identify issues.
- Communication Skills: Knows listening is essential to understanding, keeps people informed, shares information and provides constructive feedback.
- Writing Skills: demonstrated ability convey instruction and explanations in plain language when communicating with customers and support partners via help desk tickets and emails.
- Customer Focused: Talks to customers to find out what they want and how satisfied they are with what they are getting.
- Diagnostic Information Gathering: Identifying the information needed to clarify a situation and drawing out the information when others are reluctant to disclose it.
- Decision Making: Able to make decisions and solve problems involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
- Forward Thinking: Anticipating the implications and consequences of situations and taking appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Initiative: Identifying and dealing with issues proactively and persistently; seizing opportunities that arise.
- Results Oriented: Focus personal efforts on achieving results consistent with the organization' s objectives.
- Teamwork: Ability to effectively work and complete assignments in group setting, works cooperatively with others to achieve common goals.