IT Care Advocate (5117)
Roanoke, VA 24012
Morton is in the process of hiring an IT Care Advocate for a customer located in Roanoke, VA. The IT Care Advocate will provide superior customer service and support to promote and enhance the operational and financial effectiveness to our customer' s store locations. You will investigates and resolves software, hardware, communication, or procedural problems of computer users by performing the following duties.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, web, web chat and in person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, procedural, and other computer-related technologies.
- Investigates and resolves computer software and hardware problems of users.
- Answers questions, applying knowledge of computer software, hardware and procedures.
- Responds to team member inquiries concerning systems operations and diagnoses system hardware, software and operator problems.
- Assist in performing problem diagnosis and resolution as required by using all documentation, hardware and software tools. Document any new ways for problem detection, isolation, and determination.
- Determines whether problem is caused by hardware such as modem, printer, cables, or telephone.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to second tier groups.
- Instructs users in use of equipment, software and manuals as required.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to staff, problem request tracking system and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or telephone communications.
- Logs and tracks calls using problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- May specialize by type of software, computer language or computer operating system.
- Escalate and track problems by determining appropriate severity level and follow-up with clients.
- Acquire a basic understanding of the Advance Auto Parts network. Use this knowledge to provide problem diagnosis and resolution as required.
- Work with other Advance teams and departments to meet business requirements in support of company' s objectives.
- Coordinates activities with help desk, network services, or other information systems groups.
- Ensures service level standards are achieved:
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Must have a basic understanding of computers and hardware troubleshooting.
- Must be able to prioritize effectively.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to identify operational problems, recommend optimum solutions and follow through to resolution.
- Customer service or help desk experience, preferably within a retail environment. • Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to identify and set priorities to meet the demands of a dynamic work environment.
- Strong PC skills and experience.
- Experience with PC software (i.e.: MS Office and Internet Explorer).
- Knowledge of UNIX and WINDOWS environment will be an asset.
- Agrees to have telephone conversations monitored for quality performance.