Financial Program Manager (5154)
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Morton is seeking a Program Manager to join our client’ s Operational Systems team in Richmond, VA. The Systems team manages internal platforms such as Salesforce and NetSuite and oversees cross-functional strategic and technical initiatives.
The Program Manager is responsible for overseeing these critical business initiatives and working with various project managers and stakeholders to deliver projects on time, on budget and within scope. For each initiative, the Program Manager is expected to create a detailed Program plan, to ensure that comprehensive requirements are defined, and to update stakeholders with timely documentation and status reports.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and detail-oriented, possesses superior communication skills, builds strong relationships, capably translates ambiguity into clarity, successfully manages concurrent Programs, and thrives in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Manage multiple concurrent Programs affecting business processes, functions, and systems
- Build a comprehensive Program plan, inclusive of Program goals, scope, charter, definitions, stakeholders, timeline, workstreams, and risks
- Use Waterfall and Agile methodologies to plan and manage Programs
- Effectively oversee budgets, risks, and changes, and escalate resource conflicts when necessary
- Lead discovery sessions to clarify business problems and devise a course of action
- Work collaboratively with all internal and external stakeholders to successfully execute Projects on time, on budget, and within scope
- Proactively work with Program leaders and stakeholders to solution any possible risks and roadblocks
- Develop, maintain, and manage detailed Program documentation, including meeting minutes, decision logs, status reports and action item registers
- Own all meetings for assigned Projects
- Proactively communicate with Project stakeholders and company management
- Interface and potentially directly manage external vendors and/or contracts associated with a company’ s Project.
- Experience in a Program management-related role required
- Deep knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies required
- PMP and/or CSM certification preferred
- Prior experience with highly technical software implementations, such as CRM or ERP, preferred
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, and JIRA/Confluence preferred
- Ability to understand the overall business benefit of assigned Programs and assess impacts of the Program on organizational metrics and goals
- Willing to dive into the details and get one’ s hands dirty
- Capable of organizing information succinctly and clearly
- Strong organizational skills and extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple Programs simultaneously with a positive attitude
- High level of urgency and operational focus
- Flexibility in adapting to the evolving environment of a fast-growing company
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High initiative with ability to work independently under minimal supervision and high pressure; must exercise sound judgement