Financial Analyst (4995)
Richmond, VA 23236
Morton is seeking a Financial Analyst for our client in the Richmond, VA area. This Analyst will make business recommendations for the organization based on the analysis both within and outside the company. Reports on performance of business channels, stores, product segments, competitors, and consumers to assist management in making strategic and tactical changes that help drive business growth and profitability. This role will provide direct support to senior management to develop, manage, and measure strategic objectives and initiatives.
- Assist and complete monthly financial management package as part of IT/Finance Departments.
- Develop and create models that can predict the outcome of business decisions using a large amount of data, while considering outside factors such as past transactions, seasonality, market trending, etc. to assist in strategic direction.
- Continue to use innovative methods to improve data collection, analysis, & reporting.
- Prepare projections, reports, & presentations on the impact that a strategic initiative may have on the organization.
- Assist in forecasting, reconciliation, & budgeting of internal (financial) data.
- Assist with acquisition strategy including market research & target identification and target analysis & valuation.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Demonstrated ability to document a broad range of technical issues. Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Understands requirements for documentation in work papers, disclosures, and memos.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Motivation – High degree of self-direction.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Consistent demonstration of urgency and strong work ethic, with ability to understand the requirements of the business proactively.