Fiber Splicer (7059)
Virginia Beach, VA 23453 US
Location: Virginia Beach, VA 23453
Position Status: 6-month contract to permanent
Night Shift Schedule: Sunday-Thursday (7pm – 5am) + No weekends
Overview: Our client is looking for a Fiber Splicer for a position located in Virginia Beach, VA. They are a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization that has cultivated an environment where driven self-starters thrive in! They offer a stimulating career path with many opportunities for advancement. Value every employee as a vital asset to the company’s ability to serve their clients. They are constantly searching for the best talent available so that they can continue their exciting growth and deliver the best solutions to their clients.
Responsibilities: The position is responsible for the installation, splicing, support, and troubleshooting of fiber equipment.
- Ensure all work is performed according to safety standards with a focus on quality customer service.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, manuals, diagrams, and other specifications.
- Install, repair, and test fiber in a variety of environments.
- Terminate cable utilizing a variety of connectors.
- Perform testing using OTDRs, Power Meter/Light Sources.
- Document testing per customer specifications.
- Manage and maintain proper material.
- Minimum 2 years related experience
- Must be certified to fusion splice both multi-mode and single mode fiber.
- Ability to read design documents.
- Demonstrated understanding of fiber counts and colors
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Must be able to work night shift Sunday – Thursday 7:00PM – 5:00AM; additional work, including on-call, may be required; position may transition to day shift later.
- Must maintain a satisfactory background record.
- Must be willing to travel.
About Our Client: Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace by both policy and practice. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition. Employment and personnel practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination. While the Company is committed to following this principle in every facet of employment, all employees share in the responsibility to promote and foster a favorable work environment.