Estimator (Low Voltage Security) 7032
South Chesterfield, VA 23803 US
Location: Petersburg, VA 23803
Position Status: 6-month contract to permanent
Schedule: M-F (7am – 5pm) + No weekends
Overview: Our client is looking for an Estimator (Low Voltage Security) for a position located at their HQ in Petersburg, VA. They are a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization that has cultivated an environment where driven self-starters thrive in! They are constantly searching for the best talent available so that they can continue their exciting growth and deliver the best solutions to their clients.
Responsibilities: The Estimator develops professional proposals, including scope of work and pricing information.
- Work closely with Project Managers and Customers during the design and installation phases.
- Perform site surveys and attend meetings to obtain necessary information to formulate design/scope for project estimates.
- Develop labor, equipment, and material estimates, including quoting and itemizing bills of materials.
- Draft scopes of work in coordination with operations personnel.
- Conduct material product research and specifications sheet documentation.
- Participate in project design review sessions when requested.
- Work with material vendors for project special pricing requests.
- Coordinate with purchasing department when ordering materials for awarded projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years’ experience as a successful estimator in the security, IT or other technology sales industry or installation experience/ training in access control systems, low voltage wiring and CCTV systems.
- Working knowledge of low voltage hardware and devices (installation experience a plus).
- Good understanding of network protocols.
- Familiarity with using AutoCAD for design drawings.
- Must be able to read construction drawings.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Criminal Justice Background Check.
- Valid drivers license with acceptable driving record.
- Must possess and maintain a satisfactory background record.
- Must be willing to travel during the week up to 25% of the time.
About Our Client: Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace by both policy and practice. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition. Employment and personnel practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination. While the Company is committed to following this principle in every facet of employment, all employees share in the responsibility to promote and foster a favorable work environment.