Electronic Security Technician (6671)
Morrisville, VA 22712 US
- Must pass BGI (7yrs), clean driving record (>3 tix past 3yrs), & valid Driver License.
- 1-5+ years’ experience & pay should reflect this.
- (DCJS) license / registration or the ability to obtain after conversion (paid by client)
- Previous commercial exp (highly recommend), but open to residential background.
- Schedule: M-F (7a-5p) – 50hr weeks (10hr OT) this is project focused / depending on demand may stay late or arrive at sites early.
- On call monthly rotation after conversion
- Per diem = $30 & $50 for any overnight stay (hotels / expenses paid by client)
- IV = 30min video w/ Hiring Manager & HR Manager.
- Team = 1 manager, 3 field supervisors, & 12 technicians.
- Selling points = Career advancement opps, job stability, long lasting client relationships.
Position Title: Electronic Security Technician
Location: Bealton, VA 22712
Position Status: 6-month contract to permanent
Schedule: M-F (7am – 5pm) + No weekends
Pay Rate: $20-26/hr + Per Diem + Benefits Package
Overview: Our client is looking for an Electronic Security Technician for a position located in Bealton, VA. They are a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization that has cultivated an environment where driven self-starters thrive in! They offer a stimulating career path with many opportunities for advancement. Value every employee as a vital asset to the company’s ability to serve their clients. They are constantly searching for the best talent available so that they can continue their exciting growth and deliver the best solutions to their clients.
Job Description: This is not your average technician position! If you want to work in a team environment, working on and installing exciting new technology in a wide range of locations throughout Virginia, this position could be for you. We are looking for an Electronic Security Technician to join one of the fastest-growing full-service security and resiliency solution integration companies in Virginia. The ideal candidate is responsible for installing, servicing, and troubleshooting access control and CCTV equipment and systems. Work is performed out of our Petersburg, VA office in various interior and exterior locations and can require ladders, lifts, and bucket trucks.
- Install cabling and card readers, mount equipment, door contact and strikes, intrusion detection, CCTV equipment, and access control systems.
- Possess a functional understanding of low voltage systems and relays.
- Use diagnostic equipment/software and established troubleshooting techniques to isolate equipment failures and resolve performance issues.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, manuals, wiring diagrams, and other specifications.
- High School Diploma or equivalent vocational training preferred.
- Current DCJS registration or the ability to obtain.
- Holds a valid Driver License and have a clean driving record.
- Must pass Background Check and Drug Screen.
About Our Client: Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace by both policy and practice. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition. Employment and personnel practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination. While the Company is committed to following this principle in every facet of employment, all employees share in the responsibility to promote and foster a favorable work environment.