South Chesterfield, VA 23803 US
Position Status: 5-month contract to hire
Pay Rate: $24 - $29/hr. + health benefits
Overview: Our client is looking for Electrician(s) for a position based out of Richmond, VA.
- The electrician will install, troubleshoot, and maintain raceways, wiring, and equipment for electrical systems, access controls, intrusion detection, and other systems. The Electrician reports to Field Manager.
- Ensure all work is performed according to safety standards with a focus on quality customer service.
- Install and repair electrical wiring and systems.
- Inspect, test, and perform preventative maintenance of electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communications, and power circuits.
- Identify, communicate, and isolate electrical hazards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of electrical construction practices including threading, bending conduit, and pulling/removing wire.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in the electrical trade.
- Experience working with voltages up to 480v.
- Experience installing and maintaining wiring, control, and lighting/power systems.
- Current Journeyman Electrician license.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl.
- Must be able to frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds.
- Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Must be able to work in various conditions, including but not limited to extreme heat and cold.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
About Our Client: Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace by both policy and practice. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition. Employment and personnel practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination. While the Company is committed to following this principle in every facet of employment, all employees share in the responsibility to promote and foster a favorable work environment.