ETL Developer (4988)
Richmond, VA 23219
Morton has an immediate need for a ETL Developer for a customer located in Richmond, Virginia. The selected candidate will be accountable for the analysis of source system data and business reporting requirements, design of staging area and presentation layer objects in Oracle, ETL software design, development and testing, documentation, and maintenance work. Sources of data for the project will be Oracle primarily but not exclusively. The goal is to build and populate a new dimensional data mart for Child Welfare services reporting.
- Plans, develops, tests, and documents data warehouse ETL computer programs and jobs.
- Evaluates user requests for new or modified application software to determine feasibility, cost and time required, and compatibility with current system & computer capabilities.
- Consults with team members and business users to identify current operating procedures and clarify objectives.
- Formulates plans outlining steps required to develop programs using structured analysis & design, agile, or other suitable method.
- Work with business stakeholders, business analysts, BI architect, ETL team lead, and potentially other developers.
- 10 years of experience and expert design, coding and testing for data warehouse programming ETL tools and UNIX shell scripts.
- 10 years of experience with Oracle database application developer including SQL
- 10 years of experience with Oracle database application developer including PL/SQL
- 10 years of experience with Oracle database application developer including Materialized Views
- 10 years of experience with Oracle database application developer including Performance tuning
- 10 years of experience with Oracle database application including DDL operations
- 10 years of experience / advanced skills defining business data requirements and the characteristics of source system data
- 10 years of experience with data modeling and dimensional data warehouse schema design
- 10 years of experience with ETL skills and capabilties, specifically with DMExpress (highly desired)
- 4 years of experience with data quality tools applied to ETL applications (desired)