Python Developer (5233)
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Morton has an immediate need for a Python Developer for a customer located in Richmond, Virginia. We are looking for candidates with 2+ years of experience in Information Technology, preferrably within the Insurance Industry along with experience in Data Managemement, Data Movement, and software development, specifically around Python.
- Follows direction set by the ETL Development Lead when developing data / ETL / cloud solutions.
- Works with Systems Analysts in designing, testing and implementing cloud-based solutions.
- Works as part of a larger development team that includes other internal and external ETL developers.
- Responsible for the development, testing and maintenance of Python Cloud solutions.
- Participates in unit testing and data quality efforts within assigned data domain.
- Creates and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Must be able to trouble– shoot and identify root cause of production issues.
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of legacy systems, Atlas systems, data structures/usage and primary systems interfaces based on appropriately written system specifications.
- Must have 2 to 5 years of expeirence in Python development which includes array types and variable types along with experience across multiple Python libraries.
- Experienced with Cloud Development, preferably in Azure but open to any Cloud experience to include AWS, Oracle, or Google.
- Experience with API and API development with hands-on experience with REST API.
- Experience with SQL and the concepts around data validation, manipulation, and movement.
- Experience in a Test-Driven Development environment is ideal but must have experience writing and executing on Unit Test Cases.
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Proven ability to deliver results and follow through on commitments.
- Good organizational skills and extreme attention to detail.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with internal and external partners.
- Proven experience with SDLC methodologies.
- Excellent systems requirement documentation skills.
- Proven ability to deliver results.
- College degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business or related work experience/certification.