Developer in Test (5019)
Richmond, VA 23059
Morton is seeking a Quality Engineer for our client in the Richmond, VA area. This role will make significant contribution in building solutions to test Web/Windows Apps/API/Services, framing of efficient data comparison methodologies and most importantly, enhancing the quality of the delivery by employing innovative and cutting edge technologies while testing. This is an environment that will allow you to hone your existing skills on Automation, Web services, SQL Scripting. An opportunity to think and execute like Developer while performing the role of QA. This organization values ‘ Culture of Urgency’ and ‘ Shift Left’ approaches.
- 2-4 years of experience in software testing or development with good understanding of testing, coding and debugging procedures
- Experience in programming using Python/C#/Java or other languages
- Experience in design and development of automated tests using automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Appium) with exposure in testing across the application layers (UI/Service/Data layers/Mobile)
- Experience in advising team to identify automatable test cases at different layers (UI, Services and Data layer tests). Ability to working with developers to build automation/performance friendly code is a plus.
- Experience in refactoring test automation/performance suites as necessary
- Experience working with SOAP and REST service and understanding of SOA architecture
- Experience of SQL/PL-SQL, writing SQL queries, stored procedures and RDBMS
- Exposure to Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices and experience in Agile methodology is highly desirable
- Exposure to testing in CI, DevOps, rolling deployment/upgrade model is highly desirable
- Experience in developing Test Plans and Test Cases, engage in Exploratory Testing, creating and maintaining Defect Reports
- Experience in performance testing tools like HP LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter/StormRunner, JMeter.
- Demonstrate ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong communication skills and ability to produce clear, concise and detailed documentation
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor' s or higher qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent is preferred